WE'RE LOOKING TO BUY A BUILDING...A NEW HOME!
Our vision is to be a gospel-centred church, rooted in Morningside and impacting Durban for eternal good. We firmly believe this building will help us be this church more effectively.
WHY BUILD FOR ETERNITY?
- Most significantly, this building will enable us to launch a morning service to reach the young families who have been unable to come to our 5pm service and so grow our church family
- Linked to this, the pre-school on premises will give our children's ministry wonderful facilities in which to grow and learn the gospel.
- It will enable us to continue growing our evening service and be more intentional with students
- It will give us a presence in the community to uplift it and be a blessing to it
- By building a permanent foundation here we will be better placed to plant other churches in other parts of Durban
100,000 people live in the Berea area of Durban, in which Morningside is situated, 35,000 in Morningside itself. Trinity Church was planted there in 2011 to reach those people with the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was planted from Christ Church Umhlanga with a group of 20-25 adults and God has grown us to nearly 100 adults and 25 children. You can learn more about our history here.
HOW MUCH DO WE HOPE TO RAISE?
Our goal is R10 MILLION. We realize that is a lot but we are confident that through our congregation and help from our friends the Holy Spirit will provide. We already have a lead gift of R4Million committed if we are able to raise the remainder of the money. We are asking our congregation to contribute 5% of that total to build support within our community.
HOW CAN I BUILD FOR ETERNITY?
Pray We believe that nothing happens without God's hand of involvement. We ask you to be praying that he would help us reach our goal.
Share Tell people about this project. Share this page. Post the video to your social media.
Give This is a big endeavour, but it is our firm belief that God is ‘in’ this with us.
- It’s in a great location in the heart of Morningside. It’s in a dense residential area, in close proximity to three established schools, the main shopping centre and the main arteries of Morningside.
- Its pre-school. This would remain functioning as a pre-school in the week, generating income and foot traffic, but would provide a ready-made children’s centre for Sundays.
WHY THIS BUILDING?
- The property is zoned for broad commercial and residential use and, as mentioned, is in a great location. The cost reflects the market interest it would attract.
WHY IS IT SO EXPENSIVE?
- The property is 2445 sq metres, the church building is 351 sq metres and the house / pre-school is 408 sq metres. It would seat approximately 180 people. We are intending to keep growing our evening service and launch a morning service thus allowing for growth across two services and in time, we pray, a third.
HOW BIG IS IT?
- It is proven that because of our Christian heritage in South Africa, simply owning a building, particularly a more traditional-looking one, can stimulate growth.
- A building enables us to put down gospel roots in the community ensuring, God-willing, that the next generation and even the one after, can hear the gospel and be saved.