WHY THIS BUILDING?
- It’s in a great location in the heart of Morningside. It’s in a dense residential area, in close proximity to three established schools, the main shopping centre and the main arteries of Morningside.
- Its pre-school. This would remain functioning as a pre-school in the week, generating income and foot traffic, but would provide a ready-made children’s centre for Sundays.
WHY IS IT SO EXPENSIVE?
- The property is zoned for broad commercial and residential use and, as mentioned, is in a great location. The cost reflects the market interest it would attract.
HOW BIG IS IT?
- The property is 2445 sq metres, the church building is 351 sq metres and the house / pre-school is 408 sq metres. It would seat approximately 180 people. We are intending to keep growing our evening service and launch a morning service thus allowing for growth across two services and in time, we pray, a third.
WHY HAVE A BUILDING AT ALL?
- It is proven that because of our Christian heritage in South Africa, simply owning a building, particularly a more traditional-looking one, can stimulate growth.
- A building enables us to put down gospel roots in the community ensuring, God-willing, that the next generation and even the one after, can hear the gospel and be saved.